Search Her kitchen and crafts

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snickerdoodles

It has been forever since I last posted. Sorry about that. I've been really busy with work,  and trying to get other things done.  In October I did raise money for Susan G. Komen by baking for donations. I was able to raise $174.00! I also perfected a new cupcake frosting! 

Alright here is a post so I can cross something off of last months list. SNICKERDOOLES! 

If you have never had a snickerdoodle I highly suggest making this recipe immediately, its probably one of the best ones around! I found this recipe in an old cookbook, the kind where everyone sends in recipes and then the school or organization has them printed and they sell them as a fund raiser. 

Its super easy, basically you could just throw everything in the bowl and mix but here is the play by play.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine (I use butter) 
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tbs. sugar (set aside)

Mix thoroughly the margarine, shortening, sugar and eggs.


Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. 




shape dough by rounded teaspoon or use a cookie scoop. 


Combine the cinnamon and 2 tbs of sugar and roll the dough in mixture. 



Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes and immediately remove from baking sheet. (This step is very important it prevents the cookies from becoming crispy.) Let cool and enjoy!  





Hopefully over the next few days I can finish up that make-up bag, decorate a bangle or two and make some pumpkin bread. The pancakes might have to wait until another day. Oh and that pan seared steak with a red wine sauce is for dinner tonight! Check back soon for that post! 

-Courtney




No comments:

Post a Comment