Search Her kitchen and crafts

Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Pie!!!


Hey all! Sorry for the lack of activity this month. I warned you this month might be rough. 
Whatever I don't finish from this month I plan on finishing next month. 

For now I'd like to share with you this pumkin pie I made. It was made using Paula Deen's Recipe

Instead of buying pre-made crusts I used the recipe I used in my apple pie post

Alright now that I've got that out of the way here is the tutorial.

First pre-heat the oven to 350. 

Here is what you need: 
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger




Beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. 


Beat in the pumpkin, then the sugar and salt. 


Next beat in the eggs, yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter. 
Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger and beat.


Grease your pie pan and roll out the dough. It will be necessary to bake your pue crust before you bake your pie. you will need to weigh it down to prevent the dough from rising. I used foil and some change but you could also use foil and uncooked beans or foil and pie weights. 

My crust still came out with a few bubble. I carefully poped them. (watch out for steam being released from the bubbles.)

Poor your filling into the crust and bake for 50 minutes. Stick a knife into the center, when it comes out clean your pie is done. 



Let cool. Cut. Top with whip cream. Enjoy! 


See you hopefully soon! 

-Courtney




1 comment:

  1. Mmm looks great! I'll have to try that for thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete