Search Her kitchen and crafts

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Apple Muffins

Hey everyone, 

Well I promised you a post about apple muffins and here it is! 

I found this recipe on a blog called The Girl Who Ate Everything. (check it out, I fell in love with her.)
 In a desperate attempt to try new recipes she asked readers to email her their favorite recipes, this one is one of those recipes. 

Lets get started! 
Ingredients


1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (I used about 2 ½ apples)
Brown sugar for topping 


Cream together sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla. 


Sift together flour salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. 

Mix thoroughly

Mix in the apples. I had to mix it with my hands because the batter was so thick!

Divide the batter into a lined muffin pan evenly. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

Bake at 350 degrees for 18-24 minutes. 

Let cool, and enjoy! 

A few tips: don't let your muffin mix sit in the paper liners for too long before baking, the moisture from the batter will absorb into the paper. While in the oven, the liners will the become very crispy. Tip #2: If you're going to use a metal muffin pan try putting a cookie sheet underneath. My muffins from the metal tin turned out a litte dry! Tip #3 let them cool completely before storing them in an air tight container, mine became sticky and sweaty. 

Despite my mishaps these muffins were delicious and a real hit! 

-Courtney











3 comments:

  1. Loved the tips at the end. I've never had much luck baking in muffin tins. I know these tips will help. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I like your little ingredient bowls too. I'm more of a measure as you go kind of person, which is probably why I often end up elbow deep in dough only to run out of flour or sugar or just completely not have something. Your way is probably a little smarter. And makes for a cute picture!

    ReplyDelete