Search Her kitchen and crafts

Friday, August 31, 2012

Big Bag O' Recipes


This adventure started last summer. My mom traveled to Missouri with my grandmother to help get everything settled after her Aunt passed away. While cleaning out her home they came across a massive amount of recipes, some hand written, some magazine articles, but mostly there were newspaper clippings.  I don’t read the paper often and do not ever remember seeing recipes, let alone recipes from Sue in Small Town USA, so I thought the newspaper recipes were pretty cool.


My mother and I are both picky eaters so after sorting through them this is what we had left.  

My mom got first pick of course, so this collection is mine.



I found so many interesting recipes in the pile! Have you ever heard of daffodil cake? No? Me either. I cannot wait to bake my way through this stack and organize them into my cookbook and maybe even portfolio.  I am hoping to do two a month as a series.  I just need a catchy title some extra time and some extra money.








I’ll be back soon with the first segment of the series. If you have a catchy name leave it in the comments below! 


1 comment: