Search Her kitchen and crafts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about this thing.....yet...

No, I haven't forgotten about my blog, I  have just been busy.  So far this year has been jam-packed with fun activities! I havent had much time to craft, cook, or bake. However, I have managed to complete a few things, and thought I would share the pictures.


First baking project of the year.... a Wall-E cake with my boyfriend's sister. It was my boyfriend's birthday and we decided to make him a cake. Right after we pulled the cake out of the oven we started asking one another what the heck were we thinking. We were seriously doubting our cake decorating skills.
Not so bad for our frist try! 

First Crafting project of the year......a painting for our new apartment. With a little bit of patience, some blue tape and team work we created this little work of art. It hangs over our dinning room table, it gives the area just enough color and adds a personal touch to our new space. 


Considering that our dinner lately has consisted of chicken and rice, or breakfast for dinner. I decided to make a real dinner. So may I present to you my first cooking efforts of the year! 

Womp Womp Womp

We were so hungry that I didn't get a chance to take a picture, we devoured it. :( 

But, I do have the link to the recipe, it has plenty of pictures!!! 

I found the recipe on The Pioneer Woman, this blog, if you can call it a blog is awesome. It has a ton of information on different topics, and overall its pretty entertaining. 

I'll stop rambling, here is the link to grilled chicken with lemon basil pasta. You'll have to try it! 


- Courtney 






1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love your wall-e cake! I really like the colors in your painting too.

    ReplyDelete